Peer Tutoring – SMART Learning Commons
The Peer Tutoring program in SMART Learning Commons provides free tutoring services to U of M students in more than 230 different classes. They are now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 school year.
They typically seek tutors for high-demand subjects, including: math (particularly Calculus II and below), physics, statistics, chemistry, biology, computer science, economics, accounting, and writing. However, they support over 230 different courses at the U of M, so they do hire for other subjects based on student demand. Competitive applicants are able to support multiple courses/subjects.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
- be currently enrolled students at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (and maintain that enrollment status throughout their employment period, if offered the position)
- maintain a minimum 3.2 GPA (3.5 or above is recommended)
- received “A” grade(s) in the course(s) in which they hope to tutor
- Competency equivalents (AP Exam scores of 4 or higher, comparable CLEP Exam scores, transfer credit, etc.) are also accepted
- “A-” grades may be considered, provided SMART receives a faculty endorsement letter for each "A-" course
Application information: z.umn.edu/smarttutors
The priority application deadline is Friday, March 23rd at 4PM.